REDIRECTING TO NEW SITE...

oooohhh.... we've migrated to a new server... :)

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Software update - November 22 (or earlier)

Wow, it's been a while since anything's been happening in VuNow-land! I happened to switch the old HDMI switch over to the VuNow last night, and found that - even though there were plenty of new channels listed in Live Internet TV, I couldn't connect to any of them, nor could I access my bookmarks.

So I powered down completely, booted back up again, and got notified of a software update. Fair enough. I initiated it, and it took a LONG time - 20 minutes or so - got through all six packages, then told me the upgrade failed. The error message said to re-initiate the upgrade, or call 1-888-264-3985. Well, I restarted the upgrade, and got the same error. Called the number and - not surprising for a Sunday night - was asked to leave a message.

But while I was fretting over this situation, the VuNow kicked back into the upgrade process, and the third time seems to have been the charm. I'm back up and running on client version 4.5.0.9.2.3.1 - the server version is no longer listed.

After a quick check of the items I hold near and dear - I find not much has changed other than a restructuring of some of the "settings" menus.

Anyone else notice anything new, or encounter any problems with the upgrade?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my update on last Monday..it took 15-20min to perform the update of 6 packages....I haven't noticed any major changes either...I think this is just related to client software only and not the server...

I am eagerly waiting for the asian channels subscription features....

Hari said...

I see some indian radio streams being added after the upgrade.

Last time when I talk to them they said they are actively working on subscribing to other features on vunowworld.com (Even Jadootv channels!) and said it would take 2 months time. So I am expecting some update in Decemeber.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting....would love to see subscription channels as an offering...hoping to see the update soon....thanks

IPTVmaster said...

Check out JadooBox from www.jadootv.com it has all the desi channels and live cricket / socer matches. Zee TV / Zee Cinema / B4U / Start and many others via myjadoo.jadootv.com for free...