REDIRECTING TO NEW SITE...

oooohhh.... we've migrated to a new server... :)

Friday, March 13, 2009

CinemaNow update: no, you can't rent movies just yet...

... but would you like to know how many movies you'll get to choose from?

Browse to 'Popular Websites' and move the selection box to 'Cinema Now'. Don't select it though, just click your 'Info' button.

I did this before I left for work this morning, if I recall correctly there were about 6978 movies listed. Which ones? I don't know. Is this ALL of CinemaNow's content?I'm not sure. At the cinemanow.com website, if I goto 'Rent Movies' and select 'Show All', I see a list claiming to have 1133 movies in it. Some stats from their site:

All Movies: 1133
All Music Videos: 3125
All TV Shows (to buy): 131
All Movies (to buy): 2628
------------------------
Total of all listings: 7017

Of course we still have more content listings, but I'm not sure how to handle the probable overlap between HD content and All Movies (never-mind that All Movies and All Movies (to buy) must overlap as well).

The HD listings show 70 titles;
The Video-Vault shows 2068 titles;

So, I think we can safely say that the vunow POD will support renting/buying/watching the majority of content from cinemanow.com; though perhaps not ALL of it.

No comments: